There’s been a lot of research showing the negative impact of noise. Just recently however, and quite by accident, they found that experiencing freedom from goals and freedom from noise every day has very positive impacts on the brain. The brain regenerates itself, particularly in the hippocampus which results in:
- Calmer body
- Lower blood pressure
- Boosts to the body’s immune system
- Creates new cells in the hippocampus region, a brain area linked to learning, remembering, and emotions.
- Decreases stress by lowering blood cortisol levels and adrenaline.
- Promotes good hormone regulation and the interaction of bodily hormone-related systems,
- Prevents plaque formation in arteries.
Ever wish you could just push the pause button on the world? That is kind of what using a practice like the Art of Ascension is like. Sitting 20 minutes with eyes closed using the Ascension Attitudes turns the mind inward to experience the inward silence. And, you can even use it as you go about your busy day!